Collaborating Community-Based Organizations
ATHN collaborates with community-based organizations (CBOs) working to improve the lives of people affected by blood disorders. Through our shared commitment to supporting the needs of the blood disorders community, together we’re helping to make high-quality care more accessible, promote understanding of blood disorders, and support vital research. We’re proud to be working together.
- Research that has a measurable impact on people’s lives
- Education that helps people with bleeding disorders and their family members thrive
- Advocacy for policies at the state and local level that protect access to health care
- Guidelines on standards of bleeding disorders care for health care providers through NHF’s Medical and Science Advisory Council (MASAC)
ATHN is proud to collaborate with NHF on a variety of projects to advance research and care for persons and families with bleeding disorders. Please visit hemophilia.org for more information about NHF.
- Collecting data on PLGD patients to better understand this rare disease
- Engaging researchers to brainstorm novel ways to approach treatment of PLGD
- Creating educational materials for both patients and health care professionals
- Working with government agencies and large national patient advocacy groups to secure support for patients with PLGD
ATHN is pleased to support the efforts of the Plasminogen Deficiency Foundation to increase data collection for people with PLGD. Please visit plasminogendeficiency.org to learn more about the Foundation.